Personal Injury FAQ

What actions do I need to take after I have been in an accident?

The first thing to do after an accident is to see a doctor. Your medical concerns come before your legal concerns.

How do I initiate a case for a personal injury?

After an accident, contact an attorney who has experience and a proven reputation for successfully representing clients injured in automobile accidents. Keep copies of bills, receipts, medical records, letters from insurance companies, photos, etc. Also, keep a daily journal of complaints, treatments and days missed from work.

Do I still have a case if I do not feel hurt on the scene?

It is not unusual for pain or discomfort to surface several hours or days after an accident. Many soft tissue injuries begin as stiffness and pain, but progressively worsen to more serious medical conditions.

Can I still file a personal injury lawsuit if I have a pre-existing condition?

You are entitled to compensation for all injuries resulting from someone else's negligence. This includes accidents which aggravate or worsened pre-existing conditions such as arthritis, degenerative disc disease or joint disease.

What do I do if I share fault in the accident that cause my personal injury?

Generally speaking, in order to recover compensation for your injuries, you need to prove someone (a person, business or organization) is at fault. You may still be entitled to compensation if your conduct contributed to the accident so long as the other party's fault was greater than yours.

What is the time frame for a personal injury case?

In most cases, you have two (2) years from the date of the accident to either settle your claim or pursue legal action. You should notify your insurance company after the accident --- particularly if you intend to make a claim for medical payments or uninsured/underinsured coverage. The at-fault party's insurance company should contact you soon after the accident to discuss how you were injured. You must be very careful, because anything you say may be used against you.

How do I handle my medical bills before my settlement is over?

The medical bills can be paid initially by your health insurance or automobile medical payments coverage until such time that the at-fault party's insurance company settles your claim.

Do you offer representation if the accident happened on the job?

Our office represents injury claims that happen on the job as well as automobile accidents, slip and fall, truck and motorcycle accidents. We handle workers' compensation claims at all levels to ensure our clients receive maximum compensation and indemnification.

Why should I hire the A. James Tsangeos law firm for my personal injury case?

Our firm has over thirty-six (36) years' experience representing clients who suffer injuries, lost wages and permanent medical conditions resulting from accidents, work injuries and premise liability claims. We focus on full and fair compensation for each client we represent.

Will my lost wages be covered after the settlement is over?

You have the right to recover for all damages resulting from your injuries, including lost earnings/profits, medical bills, future lost earnings, permanent injuries, pain and suffering and emotional distress.